Suitable for wet and high traffic areas
An internal wall and ceiling lining designed specially for bathrooms, laundries, kitchens and high-traffic areas in residential, medium-density and commercial buildings. It can be used on either timber or light gauge steel framed buildings.
Holds its strength even when wet
- Because of its composition, Villaboard lining has a much greater tensile bond strength than plasterboard, which means you can use thicker tiles higher on the wall. It is up to 75% greater than wet area plasterboard when dry, and 300% greater when wet.
- The high impact resistance of Villaboard lining, compared to plasterboard, makes it the smart choice for high-traffic areas that are prone to wear and tear. To add to this, if a tiler makes a mistake when tiling, the homogeneous nature of Villaboard lining means they can chip the back of the tile off without damaging the substrate.
- Up to 60 minutes Fire Rating when used with HardieSmart™ wall systems*
- It’s suitable for use as internal bracing.*
- The key requirement of linings used in wet areas is superior resistance to moisture damage in the event that the material gets wet. Reduced tile adhesion is one of the main problems moisture penetration causes. Made from James Hardie fibre cement, Villaboard lining is homogeneously resistant to moisture damage, which means that even if the materials does get wet, it won’t deform or lose its structural integrity, like many other materials.** In both commercial and residential applications, this means less call backs for costly rectifications resulting from moisture damage. To add to this, independent tests on Villaboard lining, conducted in accordance with ASTM D3273-00, concluded that there was no mould growth and resulted in a perfect rating of 10. Villaboard lining is resistant to damage from termites, rot and fire.**