BOXSPAN (SPANTEC) GROUND FLOOR, DECK & ROOF BEAM - MANUFACTURED TO YOUR DETAIL
ASK US FOR A QUOTE...
- Every boxspan designed floor arrives on site pre-cut, pre-labelled to match the supplied working drawings.
- Boxspan design two different types of floor & deck frames, traditional joist over bearer and monoplane design with joist and bearer in the same plane.
- With every monoplane boxspan design your bearers are supplied with pre stamped and pre punched joist locations saving labour time.
- Spantec offer inhouse engineering certification for footings and bracing, along with a full set of working drawings.
- Each floor is individually designed to suit the requirements of the customer.
- In your floor kit you not only receive your cut to size boxspan bearers and joist, but also receive all the brackets and fixings to form the full kit system.
- No need for brick piers, each designed Boxspan floor system have the unique steel adjustable EZI Pier, level during or after construction.
Why Boxspan for roofs?
- Handling Boxspan rafters is easier as they are lighter than timber rafters.
- As blocking is not required, even for long spans it leaves a tidy finish for exposed rafters.
- Long-spanning Boxspan reduces the need for structural beams giving you a straight ceiling with fewer bulkheads.
- Boxspan roof frames are supplied as a complete, designed system to strict deflection criteria.
- Boxspan can reach a similar span for less depth than timber.
Why raised floors?
- Sloping sites can remain largely undisturbed – eliminates cutting, filling and compaction.
- Easy under floor inspection (the safest termite prevention method)
- Environmentally sound – silt runoff into waterways is reduced
- Reduces hidden cost of landscaping to repair site after building completion
Why Boxspan floors?
- Beams are consistent in size giving you a very straight floor
- No shrinkage with Boxspan, therefore no squeaky floors, cracks in cornices or doors or windows that stick
- Termite proof – used in conjunction with steel wall and roof framing, expensive termite prevention can be eliminated (check with your local authority).
Standouts for deck builders and owner builders
- Boxspan deck frames are non-combustible and can be used in bush fire prone areas.
- Choice of flooring material on joists (deck boards, composite decking, FC compressed sheeting, concrete etc.).
- Easy connections to both steel and timber posts.
- Boxspan deck frames are supplied as a complete designed kit system.
- Mitred Corners for wrap around verandahs
- With a selection of beams sizes you can allow for access under or span over obstacles such rain water tanks.
- Deck flooring system works easily with posts punching trough up to the roof or up to handrail.